Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MOMMY I GOT A BUG IN MY EYE!


Since my girls are already on vacation from school I decided to bring them to their brothers Morning Program at his school. On our way back we stopped at the park and the girls were having a blast until…


Nicole started panicking and screaming that there was a bug in her eye. I thought it was probably nothing because Nicole tends to exaggerate a little.


OH MY GOD!!! When I looked at her eye, there was this huge green bug in the corner of her eye. I immediately tried to take it out but because Nicole kept closing her eye, the bug just kept getting in further.


Nicole kept screaming really loud. I had no tissues, no water, nothing with me. I felt helpless. I looked around to see if there was anyone near their house so I could get help but there was no one around. So I grabbed her in my arms and started running home…(Must I remind you- I also had my 3-year old- Isabella. I told her to run as fast as she could and follow mommy.)


I couldn’t breathe when I got to my house. I opened the door still with Nicole in my arms and rushed to the bathroom where I immediately started to splash water into Nicole’s eye. It wasn’t working. So then I went and got a Q-tip and gently tried to bring the bug up but it wasn’t working either. The freaking bug went under her lower eyelid to the point I couldn’t see it anymore.


OH CRAP!


I got the girls in the car and rushed to the doctor. I called them on my way to tell them Nicole had a bug in her eye. When I got there they immediately took us in the room but then… we waited… and waited…. and waited. I asked a nurse walking by the room if she could get the doctor because my daughter had a bug in her eye and I was afraid it was causing harm and getting deeper. That didn’t really make a difference. We were still waiting… There was no urgency from their part!


Finally about 15 minutes later, the doctor came in and when I told her Nicole had a bug in her eye she was great. When the doctor lifted her lower eyelid… there it was… big ugly green bug.


The doctor and her nurse laid Nicole on the bed and the doctor gently grabbed a big Q-tip and water and got the bug out. She checked the eye and told us to keep an eye on it to make sure it didn’t get infected.


Ok now I can breathe and…. I think I’ll have a panic attack later!!! All I wanted was to have a fun morning by bringing the girls to my son’s morning program.


Oh well, I’m thankful we had a happy ending and Nicole is happy again and doing great.


Do you have any bug stories you want to share?


(If you are wondering what's next to the bug, it's an orzo noodle, it's so you can see how big it was.)

1 comment:

  1. That's a bit scary. Glad everything ended well.

    I've got a bug story, but it's not kid-related. My wife and I are roller coaster enthusiasts. A number of years ago we went to ride Millennium Force, a coaster at Cedar Point, OH. It reaches 90+ mph. We were in line to ride in the evening and saw that no one was waiting for the front seat. We had seen some folks picking a few bugs off their shirts, but my wife said, "how bad could it be?" It was bad! We were getting coated in tiny little gnats as the coaster went up the lift hill. By the time we hit 90 mph, it felt like we were being sandblasted. Afterward, we had them in our hair, our noses, our shirts... hundreds of dead gnats. Ugh. But it made for a very memorable ride!

    -Wade

    ReplyDelete