Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS?


If you are running out of things to do with your kids this summer check out this book: “501 TV Free Activities for Kids.” by Di Hodges. I got it from the library but I saw it at Barnes and Noble last week for $5.50.


The book has every activity that you can imagine. From cooking to playing outside, there are lots of party, family and group games. Remember playing “Humpty Dumpty” when you were a kid? It’s in the book, pretty cool.


The first activity that my kids and I chose from this book was the “Finger Puppets”.


What You Need:


-Old Gloves

-Permanent felt pens

-Strong Glue

-Wool, sequins, small buttons, other decorations

-Shoe box


What To Do:


Cut off the fingers of a pair of gloves (I found a pair in my garage that I thought were old, until daddy saw them. LOL. Oops.) Use the felt pens to draw faces or glue on small buttons or sequins for facial features. Make beards with cotton wool.


We had lots of fun with the details. My kids wanted to make aprons.


Once you are done you can get a cereal box or a shoe box and perform with the puppets. Cut out a window near the top for the puppets to perform in. Have your children decorate the puppet theatre too.


It’s lots of fun. Check out our puppets. Don't they look cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment