Friday, July 30, 2010

HAVING FUN WITH DOUGH...


You must try this project, it's so much fun. My kids had a blast and I did too.


Yes it is a little messy but who cares. It’s fun and it’s flour, you can easily clean it up. I would recommend doing it in the kitchen though.


I discovered this project because my little man brought home a book called “Salt Dough Fun.” The book is so cool. Besides teaching you how to make the salt dough it teaches you how to shape the dough into different animals.


I’ll write up the recipe for you and then just let your imagination go wild. I made a hamburger and a pizza. I was really into the dough. LOL. Little Jerry challenged his creativity; he made a Puffle from Club Penguin. Kids loved this project.


You try it and share your experience on my blog.



Things You'll Need:


2 c. all-purpose flour

1 c. salt

3/4 c. water

Mixing Bowls

Acrylic Paints


Instructions


Step 1
-Mix flour with salt and water in a deep bowl.

Step 2
-Knead it until it's doughy.

Step 3
-Make shapes by hand.

Step 4-Dry the objects in the oven at 200 degrees F for about 10 minutes.

Step 5-Paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment