Saturday, May 8, 2010

YOU BETTER LOVE THOSE SKECHERS!!!


Everyday for two weeks my daughter Nicole kept asking me if I could buy her a pair of skechers. (Nicole is my middle child and she's such a good kid.) As a reward for her great behavior I promised to buy her a pair of skechers. I had no idea what they looked like or how much they would cost.

I made it a mommy daughter shopping day. I took her to JC Penny (because they always have buy one get one for 88 cents so I was hoping I could knock two bird with one stone) Nicole had good taste, they were unique, pink with designs and a little rose hanging on them, they were very stylish… until I say the price tag!!! 40-dollars!!!. I immediately thought “Oh man my husband is going to flip out when he sees the bill.” (We never splurge with anything that we buy because we just can't afford it with the 3 kids.) I don't even spend that much on my shoes. I tried to convince her to get a cheaper pair for 12 bucks but there was no way, no how. Her mind was made up. After 30 minutes I gave up, I couldn’t get over the price, but I had made her a promise. When I got in the car I asked her if the reason why she wanted those is because her friends at school have the same kind. She said "NO, I saw them on TV." Oh did I feel like a sucker.

And yup, daddy did freak out when he saw the bill.

Funny thing though, and the point that I want to make with this blog about the skechers- today when I dropped her off at school and the Director greeted her, he looked down at her skechers and said: "There you go Nicole, that's an easy way not to have your shoes untied" I quickly thought: “Oh no, he thinks I took the shoe laces off!!!” I quickly replied: "Mr. C don’t you know they are skechers, they don’t have shoe laces!"

Ok besides them being wicked expensive and giving my husband almost a heart attack now the Director thinks I took the shoe laces off.

I just can't win!

1 comment:

  1. Paula!!

    This is great! The skechers stuff is funny! You are a great mom and blessed with a beautiful family. You were also one of the best teachers I every had. Your kids will always appreciate your having been there...

    Jeanne Carr

    ReplyDelete