Monday, May 10, 2010

I WANT MORE DRUMSTICKS PLEASE!!!

If you are like most parents, I’m sure you’ve had one of those days where you wish you had a maid because you either hate cooking, or you are just running out of ideas on what to make, or you simply can’t afford to spend a lot of money on food.


On today’s blog I want to share what I am making for dinner tonight. It’s a great deal, a great meal and a time saver. On top of it my kids LOVE IT!!!!


I went to the grocery store and bought a pack of 24 drumsticks for $10.36. (They were 99 cents a pound) They come in pouches with 4 drumsticks in each. I have a family of 5 so I usually use 2 pouches for each meal and I freeze the remaining pouches.


I marinate the drumsticks in the morning (sometimes with barbeque sauce, other times with teriyaki sauce… you can use whatever you like, really. I leave them in the fridge so they can soak up the flavors). When it’s time for dinner I boil them until I see no pink. I take them out of the pan and marinate them again (I like the meat with flavor) I turn the grill on and put them on the grill. (I used to cook them only on the grill but because they are so thick they would take forever to cook and they would burn… boiling them for a couple of minutes makes it go a lot faster, the meat comes out tender and juicy.)


While the chicken is on the grill I make french-fries (sometimes I make mashed potatoes or rice) and boil some veggies to go along.


In about 30 minutes we are all eating dinner, the kids love it… and it costs about 5 to 6 bucks to make.


Do you have a quick, affordable, and yummy meal you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment